Have you ever felt hesitant about bringing up the topic of our essential oil-infused dietary supplements with your health care provider? We want to help you have productive conversations that will ease any nervousness! Using our dietary supplements as part of a wellness regimen is important to any Young Living member, and as with any other supplement or wellness product, we recommend the common sense approach of consulting with your licensed health care provider prior to use.
As you work to address your personal wellness, it’s important that you advocate for yourself. Everyone reacts to and uses our products a little differently, so it’s essential to openly discuss the personal wellness choices you want to make. As you are visiting with your provider, go in with a plan to help you navigate a positive and productive conversation. Remember: Both you and your provider want you to live with wellness and vitality, so don’t hesitate to work as a team!
- Bring in the dietary supplements you commonly use to your appointment so your provider can look at them firsthand, read the labels, and see their recommended uses.
- Share your thoughts about the products and what you’ve noticed while you have used them.
- Seek a provider who has experience and skills in using essential oils and dietary supplements.
- If given advice that differs from your point of view and/or from the label’s recommended uses, don’t argue or act defensively. Instead, thank your provider for his or her opinion and time.
- Read labeling on each product with your provider and seek advice that aligns with the label’s suggestions. If you have questions, you can always find additional information on YoungLiving.com under the “Products” tab.
Having open and candid conversations is a simple way to share perspectives, emphasize teamwork, and provide information. By using these tips, you can learn to feel comfortable discussing how you use Young Living products to support the most optimal and wellness-focused life possible!
What Young Living supplements would you talk about with your health care provider? Let us know about your favorites in the comments!